I'm interested in visiting Australia

Are you interested in visiting Australia for tourism, visiting friends or family, or make a short business trip? There are multiple visas that may be suitable for you.

The main requirements for the visas in this category are:

  • You are visiting Australia temporarily

  • Your intended activities fit within the definition of tourism or ‘business visitor’ activity

‘Business visitor activity’, includes:

  • making a general business or employment enquiry

  • investigating, negotiating, entering into, or reviewing a business contract

  • an activity carried out as part of a government visit

  • participating in a conference, trade fair or seminar, so long as you are not being paid for your participation

You cannot otherwise work on a Visitor visa.

The type of visa you can get depends on your intended activity, length of intended stay and your passport country. The available visas are:

Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

This visa allows you to travel to Australia:

  • As a tourist or for business visitor activities

  • To see family

If you are from China, you may even apply for a visa that allows you to travel to Australia on multiple occasions over a span of 10 years.

Electronic Travel Authority Visa (Subclass 601)

This is similar to the Visitor visa however you are only eligible if you hold a particular passport. You can stay for a maximum of three months each time.

eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651)

This is similar to the Visitor visa however this is a free visa for particular passport countries. It allows you to travel to Australia for a maximum of three months over a 12 month period.
Other visas which allows you to enter Australia temporarily include:

  • Medical Treatment Visa (Subclass 602)

  • Investor Retirement Visa (Subclass 405)

To learn about the specific requirements for each visa, and to find out which one is most suitable for you, contact us or fill out our form here.