News Update: Accredited Sponsors Receiving Advantage of Faster Processing Times
The Accredited Sponsor Scheme which allows fast processing of skilled visas, is to be expanded in a move that will benefit many Australian businesses.
WHAT IS AN ACCREDITED SPONSORSHIP?
The prestigious status of ‘Accredited Sponsorship’ is granted to those larger Australian employers that possess a significant, regular and ongoing need for visa sponsorship.
They also receive a preferential treatment by the case officers resulted in faster processing time.
ü Current processing time: Accredited Sponsors typically have their TSS (Temporary Skills Shortage) visa processed within five (5) business days, compared to an average 42 business days for other TSS applicants.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO BECOME AN ACCREDITED SPONSOR
· Through the expansion of the Accredited Sponsor Scheme, the employers that have made major investments in their Australian operations will be assisted to fill temporary skill gaps.
· Employers will need to have invested at least $50 million in the past five years to be eligible for the Scheme.
· The investment must have directly created Australian jobs or generated export activity.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING AN ACCREDITED SPONSOR
· Extending the scheme to reputable businesses that have invested $50 million in Australia will ensure those businesses can access the skilled workers they need, and they can continue to contribute to the economy through further investment, job creation and innovation.
· A new team within the Department of Home Affairs will also be created and established to proactively identify and invite eligible employers to join the Scheme.
As part of our services, we assess the eligibility of the application for accredited status and provide you with detailed advice on your business’ chance of success. If you wish to engage our services, please call one of our highly trained lawyers at Agape Henry Crux on 02-72002700 or email us to book in a time at firstname.lastname@example.org