+ What is First Working Holiday Visa?
If the applicant is not in Australia, the applicant must:
- Not have previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa; and
- Be outside Australia and
- hold a working holiday eligible passport.
Eligible Passport The applicant must be a citizen of and hold a valid passport from one of these countries:
- Republic of Cyprus
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
- Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Korea
- Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport)
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
+ What Second Working Holiday Visa?
If the applicant is, or has previously been, in Australia as the holder of a Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa, the applicant:
- may be in or outside Australia, but not in immigration clearance; and
- the application must be accompanied by a declaration by the applicant that he or she has carried out specified work in regional Australia for a total period of at least 3 months as the holder of that visa; and
- must be remunerated for the work carried out; and
- the applicant has complied with all the conditions on their first Woking Holiday visa; and
- the applicant has not previously held more than 1 Subclass 417 (Working Holiday) visa in Australia; and
- the applicant holds a working holiday eligible passport; and
- if the applicant is in Australia, the applicant must:
- hold a substantive visa; or
- have held a substantive visa at any time in the period of 28 days immediately before making the application.
Specified work Specified work is work that is undertaken in a 'specified' field or industry in a designated regional area. See the section on Regional Areas below to check the postcode list of designated regional areas.
All specified work performed on or after 1 December 2015 must be paid in accordance with the relevant Australian legislation and awards. Voluntary work performed after 1 December 2015 will not be accepted for the purpose of applying for a Second Working Holiday visa (subclass 417).
Approved industries for specified work are listed below. Specified work is any type of work described in the list below:
- plant and animal cultivation
- the harvesting and/or packing of fruit and vegetable crops
- pruning and trimming vines and trees. Note: This must be the your primary employment task and directly associated with the cultivation and commercial sale of plant produce, such as fruit and nut crops (commercial horticultural activities). General garden maintenance is not eligible.
- general maintenance crop work
- cultivating or propagating plants, fungi or their products or parts
- immediate processing of plant products
- maintaining animals for the purpose of selling them or their bodily produce, including natural increase. Note: Maintaining animals for tourism or recreational purposes is not eligible.
- immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery, packing and tanning. Note: Secondary processing of animal products, such as small goods processing and retail butchery is not eligible.
- manufacturing dairy produce from raw material.
- fishing and pearling
- conducting operations relating directly to taking or catching fish and other aquatic species
- conducting operations relating directly to taking or culturing pearls or pearl shell
- tree farming and felling
- planting or tending trees in a plantation or forest that are intended to be felled
- felling trees in a plantation or forest
- transporting trees or parts of trees that were felled in a plantation or forest to the place where they are to be milled
- coal mining
- oil and gas extraction
- metal ore mining
- construction material mining
- non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying exploration
- mining support services
- residential building construction
- non-residential building construction
- heavy and civil engineering construction
- land development and site preparation services
- building structure services
- building installation services
- building completion services
- other construction services
+ Criteria for both First and Second Working Holiday Visa
At the time of application, the applicant must:
- Be a genuine visitor whose principal purpose is to spend a holiday in Australia
- Have sufficient money to support themselves during their stay. This is usually about AUD 5,000.00 for the initial stay plus the fare to where the applicant are going when they leave Australia.
- Have a reasonable prospect of obtaining employment in Australia.
- Not be accompanied by dependent children during their stay
- Meet health and character requirements
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
+ What is Visa application charge?
The visa costs AUS 450.00 for the primary visa applicant which is payable at the time the application is made.