+ How is a valid application made?
The application must be made by an internet using the Form 1362.
+ What are criteria for applicant?
At the time of application the applicant:
- Must be outside Australia; and
- Must hold an eVisitor eligible passport; and
- Genuinely intends to visit Australia temporarily as a tourist or to engage in a business visitor activity.
- Meet character and health requirements
+ What is Genuine intention to visit Australia temporarily?
It must be satisfied that the applicant intends to visit Australia temporarily, and leave Australia within the authorised period of stay. If there may be a suggestion that they may later attempt to seek permanent residence and/or return to Australia, such as if the applicant is involved in a spouse or de facto partner relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident and/or there are children involved, this can raise concerns.
If there are concerns, these six (6) factors are considered:
- whether the applicant has a history of compliant travel
- the length of each visit the applicant has made to Australia
- whether the applicant has spent more than 18 months in Australia over a 3 year period (that is, has the applicant repeatedly spent more than half the year in Australia) - note that this is a guide only and a decision cannot be made on every case on the basis of any mathematical formula
- the applicant's ability to support themselves without working, while in Australia
- whether there are any more suitable visa options
- whether the applicant intends to migrate to Australia.
+ What is eVisitor-eligible passport?
An applicant must hold an eVisitor-eligible passport. Eligible passports are only issued by following countries:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- Republic of San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United Kingdom – British Citizen
- Vatican City
You cannot apply with:
- a non-citizen passport, certificate of identity or other travel document
- a British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person or British Subject passport
+ What is Visa application charge?
The visa application charge is NIL.
+ How to further stay in Australia?
An eVisitor holder wishing to extend their stay beyond the three month stay period will have to apply for a visa of another class. For example, they may apply for a Visitor (FA-600) visa, which provides for stay in Australia for non-work purposes of up to 12 months duration from the date of last arrival in Australia.