+ What is First Working Holiday Visa?
If the applicant is not in Australia, the applicant must:
- Be outside Australia; and
- Not have previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Subclass 462) visa; and
- Hold specified educational qualification; and
- Hold a valid passport issued by an eligible foreign country; and
- Proved a supporting letter from the government of their foreign country that includes a statement to the effect that the government of the foreign country has agreed to the applicant’s stay in Australia under the arrangement.
Specified Educational Requirements
The applicant must hold tertiary qualifications, or have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate university study.
Tertiary qualifications include the following:
- Doctoral degree
- Masters degree
- Graduate diploma
- Graduate certificate
- Bachelor degree
- Associate degree
- Advanced diploma
- Diploma level qualifications.
Note: Tertiary qualifications do not include the following:
- Certificate IV
- Certificate III
- Certificate II
- Certificate I
- senior secondary school level qualifications
The applicant must be a citizen of and hold a valid passport from one of these countries:
- China, People's Republic of
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United States of America
+ What is Second Working Holiday Visa?
If the applicant is, or has previously been, in Australia as the holder of a Work and Holiday (Subclass 462) visa, the applicant:
- may be in or outside Australia, but not in immigration clearance; and
- the application must be accompanied by a declaration by the applicant that he or she has carried out specified Subclass 462 work for a total period of at least 3 months as the holder of that visa; and
- must be remunerated for the work carried out; and
- the applicant has complied with all the conditions on their first Woking Holiday visa; and
- the applicant has not previously held more than 1 Subclass 417 (Working Holiday) visa in Australia; and
- the applicant holds a working holiday eligible passport; and
- if the applicant is in Australia, the applicant must:
- hold a substantive visa; or
- have held a substantive visa at any time in the period of 28 days immediately before making the application.
462 Specified work
Specified subclass 462 work is work that is undertaken in a 'specified' field or industry in a designated area in designated areas of northern and regional Australia. Approved industries for specified work are listed below. Specified work is any type of work described in the list below:
plant and animal cultivation (northern Australia and other specified areas of regional Australia)
- the harvesting and/or packing of fruit and vegetable crops
- pruning and trimming vines and trees. Note: This must be the your primary employment task and directly associated with the cultivation and commercial sale of plant produce, such as fruit and nut crops (commercial horticultural activities). General garden maintenance is not eligible.
- general maintenance crop work
- cultivating or propagating plants, fungi or their products or parts
- immediate processing of plant products
- maintaining animals for the purpose of selling them or their bodily produce, including natural increase. Note: Maintaining animals for tourism or recreational purposes is not eligible.
- immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery, packing and tanning. Note: Secondary processing of animal products, such as small goods processing and retail butchery is not eligible.
- manufacturing dairy produce from raw material.
fishing and pearling in northern Australia only
- conducting operations relating directly to taking or catching fish and other aquatic species
- conducting operations relating directly to taking or culturing pearls or pearl shell
tree farming and felling in northern Australia only
- planting or tending trees in a plantation or forest that are intended to be felled
- felling trees in a plantation or forest
- transporting trees or parts of trees that were felled in a plantation or forest to the place where they are to be milled
tourism and hospitality in northern Australia only
- work in a range of positions where the primary purpose is to directly provide a service to tourists, including tourist guides and operators, outdoor adventure or activity instructors, tourist transport services
- gallery or museum managers, curators or guides
- hospitality workers, including a range of positions in hotels or other accommodation facilities, restaurants, cafes, bars and casinos
- conference and event organisers
+ Criteria for both First and Second Working Holiday Visa
At the time of application, the applicant must:
- Have at least functional English.
- Be a genuine visitor whose principal purpose is to spend a holiday in Australia
- Have sufficient money to support themselves during their stay. This is usually about AUD 5,000.00 for the initial stay plus the fare to where the applicant are going when they leave Australia.
- Have a reasonable prospect of obtaining employment in Australia.
- Not be accompanied by dependent children during their stay
- Meet health and character requirements
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
+ What is visa application charge:
The visa costs AUS 450.00 for the primary visa applicant which is payable at the time the application is made.